Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oreo Dessert

On Saturday night we had some friends over and I made my knock off Cafe Rio Salads and our friends that were bringing dessert weren't able to come.  So me and the kids whipped this bad boy up.  I'd seen a recipe floating around on pinterest for a oreo dessert but we'd been having some issues with our internet so I wasn't able to pull it up so we just put this together and man was it GOOD!
1 Bag Oreos
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1 Container of Cool Whip
1 Large Box instant Chocolate Pudding
1/2 stick Butter
1 tsp of Vanilla

I used a 9x9 dish, but I'm sure you could use whatever size you have on hand depending on how thick you want the dessert to be.

Take the bag of Oreos and put them in a Ziploc bag, and smash them with your rolling pin.  Melt the butter in the microwave.  In the bottom of your dish put 1/2-3/4 of your Oreo mix and dump on melted butter.  Make up your instant Chocolate Pudding as directed on box.  Put in the fridge to set up for 5 minutes. While the pudding is setting up put your cream cheese in microwave for 45 seconds so its a little warm and easy to stir with your mixer.  Combine with container or cool whip and Vanilla. Take your pudding out of the fridge and layer on top of the oreo crust, then put your cream cheese mix on top of that.  Take the rest of your oreos and sprinkle on top.  Put back in the fridge to set up until you are ready to serve.
 

1 comment:

Amy C said...

That sounds delish!! I'm going to have to remember this one! :)