Friday, January 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese spruced up....


My sister made me one of these a couple of months ago and she told me I had to at least "try" it....and it was so so so yummy!
Sourdough bread (I didn't have any so I used my 9 grain bread)
1 slice of Pepper jack Cheese
1 slice of Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Gala apple
Desired amount of onion.

Slice apple and onion saute them in a pan until soft.  While those are cooking butter your bread.  Assemble just as you would a grill cheese sandwich, add cheese onions and sliced apple.  Cook until sides are just browned and cheese is melted.  Let me know what you think if you try it!

2 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Sounds YUM, I love pepper jack and apples just as a snack. we also like toasted ham and cheese (we have used pepper jack, sharp chedder and munster cheeses they are all yum!!) and green chili's! YUM! what a great Idea!!!

Amy C said...

This sounds interesting. But if you say it's good, then maybe I'll have to give it a try! :)