Friday, January 6, 2012

The BEST soup I've EVER had

I had to put that as my title....because I am not lying!  :) If you like cheese, potatoes, chicken, and a hint of broccoli you will love this soup.  My friend made this soup for a party we had a few years ago and me and Phil have been hooked.  I made it at my super sat and the pan was gone like that!  I thought I had posted this recipe already and I guess I forgot so here you go!

Yummy Potato Soup

Tracey Warner

½ Cup Butter
2 tsp. Salt
4 Cups of Water
½ Cup of Chopped Onions
2 Cups of Chopped Carrots
1 Head of Broccoli Chopped
3 tsp. Chicken Bouillon Cubes
7-8 Chopped Potatoes
½ lb. Chicken Breast (cooked)
½ Block Velveeta Cubed
½ tsp. Pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. Bon Appetite
¾ tsp. Parsley
Dash of Spike (I didn’t have this and it still turned out good)

Rue:

1 Cube Butter
1 Cup Flour
Add Milk you want it thick, combine in saucepan

Boil first 3 ingredients, add remaining ingredients, potatoes last.  Add water to cover ingredients in pan.  Cook 3-4 hours in large saucepan on low
If you don't want the soup thick then don't add the rue...also I usually will buy a rotisserie chicken and we will have it for dinner one night then I use whatever is left for this soup.  Good way to use your leftovers!

No comments: