Saturday, September 15, 2012

DIY Coaster Board

I have a problem at my house....everyone uses way too many cups!  It is beyond ridiculous....cups next to the fridge, on the table, counter top all belonging to the same person.  We tried paper cups with markers but then we had a million paper cups in the same places.  So I had this scrap wood out in my garage.  I painted it Bay Blue (same as my pantry door) but a black glaze randomly on the top.  I ran to Home Depot with my husband, I picked out two cabinet knobs, and a stack of pre cut tile.
 Came home drilled the knobs on and carefully lined up the tiles so they would be even.  Before I glued them on I cut a little vinyl out so everyone knew what space is theirs.  I inked the edges of my tile, glued the tile on with some Epoxy 2000 and wala....
 I've had this for over a month now and it is awesome!  The kids love it too....


No comments: