Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chicken Soup




One of our favorites is Yummy Chicken Noodle Soup! Today I didn't follow a recipe we just threw stuff in the pot! Yesterday we had picked up a Rotisserie Chicken from Costco so I used the leftover chicken for the soup.















Easy Chicken Noodle Soup:


Slice up a bag of mini Carrot's

Slice up 4-5 Sticks of Celery

Slice up 1/2 onion (you could add more but I'm not a huge onion fan)

Throw in the bottom of a stock pot

Add desired amount of shredded Chicken

2-3 Cans of Chicken Broth

2 Bay Leaves

2-3 Tsp. Salt

2-3 Tsp. Pepper

Desired amounts:

Parsley

Garlic Salt

Thyme

Cook on low 3-4 Hours

Add Your Egg Noodles, or I LOVE the Homemade one's you buy at the store about 20 minutes before ready to serve. Add water to cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 min.

Ready to Serve....I usually take half and freeze it for another meal when we aren't souped out!

No comments: