Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fabric Bin turned into baby blankets....

I was so excited to start sewing for baby girl and I had a TUN of cute fabric in my stash to work with!

 I made this strip quilt, and put minky on the back so it would be a nice blanket for her to snuggle with.

 I made 4 of these mitered corner blankets out of all the flannel I had in my stash.


 Finally I started making baby girls crib set.  I'm putting her in Emma's room and the wall is already painted a turquoise blue so these colors will go really well in there.
 My sister in law helped me make a crib skirt while our husbands watched the super bowl.
Then tragedy struck at my house...my Mom's Sewing machine that I inherited when I turned 18 died, and I didn't have the money to go get it fixed.  A dear sweet friend of mine gave me a new machine that she had and never used.  It was the most touching and kind thing ever.  I cried about it for days and felt so guilty taking it from her.  Such a sweet sweet gift and it will defiantly be used and cared for!

My sister in law sandwiched the quilt for me...I put it off for so long every time I bend over I feel a sharp pinch up my back.  So she saved the day and sewed the ric rack and quilted this fun pattern on it.  I just love love love how it turned out.  Now I need to get my new machine out and  make my binding and hand stitch it on.

No comments: