Friday, January 24, 2014

Sami's Peanut Butter Cups

These are MY favorite Christmas candy...I have a hard time sharing these, they are SO much better than the good old Reese's!
This is the process I came up with to make these after a few years of trial and error this is what works great for me!  Phil bought me a mini crock pot a year ago so I melt my chocolate in their (I buy the bag of fountain chocolate from Hobby Lobby and use a coupon on it.)
 
I melt my chocolate and spoon little amounts into each cup, I then get a paint brush and paint the sides of the cups, then tap the tray on the table and set in the freezer for 5 minutes.
 I then make the Peanut Butter Mixture...note I do three trays of the peanut butter cups at a time to make the process go a lot quicker! 
 
Mix in your Hand Mixer: 
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
 Pull your cups out and fill your cups with peanut butter mixture....
 Spoon a little more chocolate on top, tap the trays once again to make the chocolate go smooth and even on top.  Stick back into freezer for 5 min. 
 Flip them over on a clean surface, and put into mini wrappers.  Store in a air tight Tupperware someplace cool until ready to devour. 

No comments: