This is my new go-to treat...I now always have cornflakes and peanut butter on hand when I need to make a treat in a pinch. I made a batch of these for our Yellowstone trip and they didn't make it home same goes for my enrichment night they were gone in a flash! They are amazing, gooey, sweet goodness!
Cornflake Peanut Butter Balls
Makes around 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 jar (18 oz ounce) creamy peanut butter
- 5 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 C melted chocolate chips
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and make sure you mix it all well.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds stir until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
Ezra is a great helper when I make these!