Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring Spruce-up....

There is something about changing a room around, adding some new decor....I don't know what it is, but I do know that it makes me happy!  Especially since I'm the one home all day seeing the same stuff everyday.  Well I didn't buy anything new but I did just update some existing items that I had.  I wish I would of taken some before and after pics but oh well, if you've been to my house you'd know what they looked like before :)

First was this frame I jsut switched out the patterned paper, changed the ribbon, and redid the flowers.  I just am so sick of the black, red, cream in my kitchen/family room...so I thought I'd keep the colors but add a blue and yellow.  I think its a nice combination.
 I also made a new little runner for my mantel that wasn't just plan red....I used some scrap fabric that I had.  I also made this new block.  It was in my scrap pile so I painted it black, sprayed the paper on and cut some vinyl. 




I don't know if I ever posted my blessings board done.  I had a black one up but decided I wanted something more bright and cheerful.  Phil doesn't really care for the yellow, but I love it.  I also cut a little piece of vinyl and have it sticking out the top. 

I've had these on my kitchen for years...I just unwrapped the balls and cut 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric and re-wound them and hot glue them...kind of weird color pattern...don't know if I love it, but its 100% better than it was. ~ I also re-covered the a and t but now I'm thinking about doing the e as well because its too black.  I'm thinking green or yellow, I'm not quite sure.  I added a few more flowers...I think I'm obsessed....ahhh :)

1 comment:

Amy C said...

These are all so cute!! I loved getting to see it all in person!