Friday, January 6, 2012

Red White Mostaccioli

My friend Brittany is an amazing cook!  She brought over dinner for my family a couple months ago and I've been dying to get this recipe from her.  Sometimes its nice to make an easy dinner...who am I kidding it's Always nice to make an easy dinner!  I even cheated a little further...I'll explain later:


Red and White Mostaccioli

1 lb uncooked Mostaccioli noodles or tube pasta
1 (26oz) meatless spaghetti sauce
2 c. mozzarella cheese

Cook Pasta. Prepare Alfredo sauce (below). Layer in a 9x13baking dish: ½ pasta, ½ Alfredo, ½ spaghetti sauce, ½ cheese. Repeat Layering.Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Alfredo Sauce:
½ c. butter
3 oz. cream cheese
1 pt. heavy cream
1 tsp garlic powder

Melt butter on medium heat. Mix in cream cheese. Stir in cream and garlic. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat and simmer stirring often. (If need to thicken, add 1 tsp. flour at a time).

I cheated I happened to have a bottle of Alfredo Sauce so I used that instead....:) Enjoy

No comments: