Saturday, December 11, 2010

Turtles....

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is....baking, yummy fattening treats!
A favorite in my family is Turtles...granted they don't look like turtles but they are divine: Here is the recipe!

First you have to make the Carmel, which is yummy by itself! I myself would never do this by myself, it's good to have two sets of hands!

Carmel:
4 Cups of Sugar
2 Cups White Karo Syrup
1/2 lb butter (Sweet Cream)
2 Cans Evaporated Milk
Melt butter in a saucepan, add Karo then sugar. Cook on a medium heat until boiling. Add milk a little bit at a time so candy doesn't stop boiling. Cook to a firm soft ball staget and stir CONSTANTLY. Pour into a well buttered cookie sheet. If making turtles be sure to read the following recipe before you pour the carmel into your pan....

Easy Turtles
1 Batch Carmel
2 Lbs. Pecan Halves
Dipping Chocolate

Butter 2 cookie sheets (I like using my old ones cuz they will get cut marks in them) Spread one pound of pecans on each sheet, covering entire sheet but not overlapping. Pour one batch of carmel equally between 2 sheets, covering all the nuts. Let cool overnight in a cool place. Cut into 1 in. squares and dip in melted dipping chocolate. Set on waxed paper until set.

No comments: